Diploma in Agriculture (Animal Science)
The Diploma in Agriculture (Intermediate in Science in Agriculture) major in animal Science course is of 3 years duration. First year covers basic sciences, math’s and languages which provide base for the study in subsequent years and also provide the base for bachelor level study in related field. Second year courses are of mixed type which covers common agriculture related courses such as Extension and Community development, Elementary Statistics and basic Computer Sciences, Agribusiness Management and Marketing, Aquaculture, Introductory Plant Science and some specialized courses of animal sciences such as Animal Nutrition and Fodder Production, Sheep and Goat production, Animal Health I (clinical medicine) and Animal Housing and Environmental Sciences. Third year courses are totally related to animal husbandry and veterinary sciences which include Animal Health II (preventive veterinary medicine), Commercial Dairy Farming, Dairy and Animal Product Technology, Commercial Poultry Production, Veterinary Laboratory Techniques, Equine, Rabbit and Pets, Veterinary Clinical Practice and Work Experience Program (WEP).
- Provide sufficient knowledge of basic sciences (physics, chemistry, biology), math’s and languages so that the graduates can compete with +2 science students in bachelor level study
- Provide sufficient knowledge and skills of community actions and social mobilization so that they can work as extension worker in the community.
- Provide knowledge and skills in care and management of major domesticated livestock species and pets.
- Provide basic knowledge and skills of animal health and hygiene required for field veterinary services.
- Produce competent graduates who can work as veterinary para-professional under the guidance and responsibility of veterinarians.
Entry Eligibility: SEE pass (Must obtain C Grade in any two subject among English, Mathematics, Science & D+ Grade in any one) or equivalent.
Admission Criteria: On the basis of merit list in the entrance examination administered by CTEVT (allotment of quotas will be as per the CTEVT rule)
पुर्ण शुल्क रु.: १,५१,०००।००