PCL in Ophthalmic Science
PLC in Ophthalmic science is three years course. It is a joint venture program of Sagarmatha Choudhary Eye Hospital and Lahan Technical School. This course is based on the job required to perform by a middle-level ophthalmic health personnel at different eye/health institutions in Nepal and abroad. They assist the ophthalmologists in various types of ocular surgeries. They perform the eye examination, diagnose the some of the ocular diseases, treat some ocular diseases but they can perform the refraction independently and prescribe the glasses. They perform minor extra-ocular surgeries, provide eye health education, organize and manage the community program, school screening program.
After the completion of this program, the graduates will be enabled to:
- Acquire sound knowledge and perfect skills of Ophthalmology and general medicine.
- Demonstrate competency in identifying and resolving community health problems by
applying Ophthalmic and modern procedure and medicines taking in consideration of
nature of the diseases and condition of the patients.
- Demonstrate basic knowledge and clinical skills necessary to diagnose and initiate
management of common ocular disorder.
- Exhibit leadership skills and professional characteristics and attitudes required as the role
of ophthalmic health personnel or primary eye/health care manager.
- Demonstrate the necessary knowledge and skills to work in a variety of eye/health care
- Promote Ophthalmology system of medicine with modern knowledge and skills
- SLC Pass or SLC/SEE with minimum GPA 2.0 and C grade in Compulsory Mathematics,
English & Science.
- TSLC in Ophthalmology, with minimum 67%.
- Should pass entrance examination as administered by CTEVT.
Admission Criteria: On the basis of merit list in the entrance examination administered by CTEVT (allotment of quotas will be as per the CTEVT rule)
सहुलियत शुल्कमा रु.५८,५००।००
पुर्ण शुल्कमा रु.३,५७,०००।००
प्रायोजित शुल्कमा रु.३,८२,०००।००
The graduates will be eligible for the position equivalent to Non-gazette 1st class/Level 5
(technical) as Health Worker of eye/ health institutions as prescribed by the Public Service
Commission of Nepal and other related agencies. The graduate will be eligible for registration
with Nepal Health Professional Council in the category as mentioned in the Act of the Council.